: It's day Four of Phase 1 and I'm growing tired of fruit. No more apples, please.
: Our diet poses many challenges and time constraints on us, and our mood definitely reflects that. Even after we've eaten a full meal, such as dinner, I cannot say we feel 'complete.' Plus, our heads are definitely in some sort of void, and we find we cannot think clearly. Is it the lack of carbs? Boy, we sure are cranky.
: As for the time constraint, I honestly feel like I'm always prepping for this meal and the next. Friday came, and we had gotten through one week-woohoo!- but then the thought of spending Friday night preparing food for our Saturday-away-selling at a garage sale really put a damper on my night. I refused to cook! There were bills to pay and everything else that I'd let go all week. Let us eat Chinese food tomorrow-steamed tofu and brown rice it would be! Well, come Saturday we did just that, and decided that was a bad-badly tasting-idea.
: And then there are the challenges. There's nothing to eat out. Jim and I went to see the Jackals opening night baseball game. With little time, I whipped together our four egg white omelet with veggies and a side of fruit salad, and we hurried off to the game with apples in my purse. About an hour later, we were reaching for the apples; an hour after that we were pretty darn hungry. We scoured the concession stand - no options. Not one, honestly. We ended up leaving the game early, hungry and with head aches. The game was still fun, but it was very hard not to notice the elephant in the stands.
: On the plus side, we have lots of time to try new foods and experiment with different recipes. Jimmy chucked his first pineapple, and drank his first cup of soy milk with actual satisfaction. Having been a bachelor on a fast food diet when we wet, I think he is doing better than great! I made pancakes made out of yogurt, granola, egg whites, and banana; we both found them to be very tasty!
: I sure hope the next few days go well...
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment