Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mushy Rice


:The first day of Phase 1 kicked off with soggy rice. We decided to start our diet the day after Memorial day which meant a ton of food prep on the last day of vacation. I thought it'd be smart to make a huge pot of rice, and save that time only making a days portion each night. I guess there's some science to making a huge pot of rice, and I got the chemistry all wrong. What a soggy mess! Anybody got any tips for me?

:Luckily I left a cups worth in the bag, and was able to throw together lunch for the two of us (as pictured).
:Day One was hard...for Jimmy. I felt terrible hearing him complain of being hungry, and I was afraid he was going to give up. This diet seriously requires a team effort, which I guess is why so many people use those diet support websites. Still, with all the food prep and meal planning that this diet needs, I'd never make it without him. Thanks for staying tough, lovie!

: Day One was hard for me too, but I don't think 9 days is so bad, and I am very excited to try out new vegetarian recipes. Last night for dinner, Day Two, we had Tofu with Broccoli and Brown Rice with a ginger sauce. I really liked it, and was so full that I skipped our late night snack (oops!). I think even not on this diet, I'd make that again.

No comments: